Radiation detection monitors, also known as Radon monitors, are used to detect the presence of alpha molecules and other radioactive particles in the environment. In fact, the purpose of these devices isn’t limited to detecting the presence of radioactive particles, it also extends to detecting the precise amount of radioactive materials in the vicinity.
In this guide, we will walk you through the benefits of using radon monitors and also the features that you should keep in mind so that the monitor that you buy is worth the money you spend. So, let’s get started!
Benefits of a Radiation Detection Equipment
Aside from the fact that radon as good as the SciWise radon monitor detects the presence of radiation, there are many other benefits as listed below.
- When you have a high-quality radiation detection monitor, you do not put your staff at risk.
- Having radon also helps you in protecting the surrounding land, air, and water bodies by ensuring there’s no radioactive waste leaking in the surroundings.
- You are always in control of the situation. So, even if a sudden inspection happens, you don’t have to worry about anything because a Radon will keep you updated with the percentage of radiation in the surroundings. Hence, you can always keep the percentage under the permissible limit.
How to Pick a Radon for Professional Use?
Whether it’s a radon monitor by AlphaGuard or a multipurpose military survey meter, the SciWise radiation detection monitors are the best. The many factors that make them the best are as follows. These factors are the ones that you should consider when picking equipment for professional use.
- Radiation detection monitors and meters should be portable. In order to be portable, they should either be lightweight or equipped with wheels for movement.
- They should be battery compliant for ease of use.
- These monitors and meters should provide readings for air, soil, as well as water bodies.
- These devices should have enough storage capability.
Having said that, another very important SciWise radiation detection equipment is the EasyScan NaI monitor for waste characterization of radioactive drums. This scanner quickly measures the dimensions of all the drums that contain radioactive waste on the premises. Some of its features that make it immensely worthy are as follows:
- It is compatible with all laptops.
- The user interface is interactive; hence, easy to understand.
- The final report takes no longer than 15 minutes.
So, as long as the monitors you use have the characteristics that we have explained, you don’t have to worry about anything.